From: Duc Chu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 21:20:55 -0600

Mauna Loa Solar Observatory Observer's Log 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed Sep  7 16:42:12 GMT 1994
Year: 94  Doy: 250
Observer: yasukawa

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 16:42:59 GMT 1994
Cool, in very extensive, thick cirrus overcast, light south breeze.

LOW-L COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 16:44:26 GMT 1994
Tape was popped out of unit 1 this morning.  I stuck a cleaning tape into the unit and it is still grinding away.  It should have run for a few seconds and popped out.  Will investigate.

LOW-L COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 18:09:59 GMT 1994
Opened up Exabyte unit 1 and manually opened the door to release the cleaning tape.  Drilled ports into "engine" mount and cover so that the manual door release is accessible from outside without removing covers.  Cleaned out the interior of the drive by blowing canned air. Inspected connections and reassembled the drive.  Covered hole in cover with tape, re-installed the unit into Low-l system.  Loaded L00104 (a new one-discarded the old one) into the drive.  Tape loaded OK.

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 19:55:22 GMT 1994
Heavy cirrus is breaking up, but sun is still hiding behind broken thin and moderate cirrus patches.

MKIII COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 19:56:31 GMT 1994
Made use of down-time to enlarge the hole in the side of the MKIII Exabyte making the access to the manual door latch easier.

Wed Sep 7 20:06:14 GMT 1994: Patrol Start

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 20:12:07 GMT 1994
In a somewhat clear, albeit small hole.  

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 20:20:57 GMT 1994
Back in cirrus, but not before I just managed to get one good coronal scan.

DPMON COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 20:35:37 GMT 1994
Changed over to disc preferred mode.
Patrol looks stalled in tape-write mode.  Trying to restart by resetting Plessey, I think the system is stalled upstairs, actually.

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 20:48:32 GMT 1994
Briefly clear again.

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 20:52:11 GMT 1994
Back in cirrus again.

Wed Sep 7 21:00:57 GMT 1994: Calibration

DPMON COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 21:45:35 GMT 1994
Restored limb-preferred mode.

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 21:57:18 GMT 1994
Clear hole.

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 21:58:34 GMT 1994
Hole was very brief, but there is another hole coming.

Wed Sep 7 22:00:56 GMT 1994: Calibration

COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 22:26:03 GMT 1994
**************************************************************
Chu relieving Yasukawa as observer.
**************************************************************

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 22:26:52 GMT 1994
Clear hole, we may actually start getting more coronal data today.

Wed Sep 7 23:00:55 GMT 1994: Calibration

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Sep  7 23:33:47 GMT 1994
Have been in and out of several cirrus holes.  Managed to get 
another good coroanal scan.  Now in solid cirrus.

Thu Sep 8 00:01:01 GMT 1994: Calibration
Thu Sep 8 01:00:58 GMT 1994: Calibration
Thu Sep 8 02:00:57 GMT 1994: Calibration

COMMENT: Thu Sep  8 02:03:39 GMT 1994
Reconfigured the dome slot.

Thu Sep 8 03:01:04 GMT 1994: Calibration

WEATHER COMMENT: Thu Sep  8 03:05:38 GMT 1994
Have been under solid cirrus since  ~23:30UT.  Cirrus remains
solid to West.  Will close down at this point.

Thu Sep 8 03:09:04 GMT 1994: Patrol End

COMMENT: Thu Sep  8 03:11:25 GMT 1994
Activity Report:
	QP: 93; 227; 292; 312.
	No Coronal Activity.

Tapes:
	MKIII:	H00835
	DPMON:	P00153
	LOW-L:	L00103 running in unit 0.

Thu Sep 8 03:11:53 GMT 1994: Filemark
SCAN-LOG 
SCAN-LOG  20:08:19.   9/7/94 DOY 250      
    20:13:41      20:16:57      20:20:09      20:23:24      20:26:38  
    20:29:53      20:33:06      20:36:20      20:39:33      20:42:46  
    20:45:58      20:49:12      20:52:25      20:55:38      20:58:50  
    21:02:03      21:05:14      21:08:26      21:11:38      21:14:50  
    21:18:01      21:21:13      21:24:24      21:27:35      21:30:46  
    21:33:58      21:37:08      21:40:19      21:43:30      21:46:41  
    21:49:50      21:53:01      21:56:11      21:59:22      22:02:31  
    22:05:41      22:08:50      22:11:59      22:15:07      22:18:17  
    22:21:26      22:24:37      22:27:46      22:31:01      22:34:11  
    22:37:22      22:40:32      22:43:43      22:46:52      22:50:04  
    22:53:14      22:56:30      22:59:40      23:02:52      23:06:02  
    23:09:13      23:12:23      23:15:35      23:18:45      23:21:58  
    23:25:08      23:28:19      23:31:29      23:34:40      23:37:50  
    23:41:01      23:44:11      23:47:22      23:50:31      23:53:42  
    23:56:50       0:00:00       0:03:09       0:06:18       0:09:26  
     0:12:35       0:15:43       0:18:52       0:22:00       0:25:09  
     0:28:17       0:31:26       0:34:34       0:37:43       0:40:51  
     0:44:00       0:47:08       0:50:17       0:53:26       0:56:35  
     0:59:43       1:02:52       1:06:00       1:09:10       1:12:18  
     1:15:27       1:18:35       1:21:45       1:24:53       1:28:03  
     1:31:11       1:34:21       1:37:29       1:40:38       1:43:46  
     1:46:56       1:50:04       1:53:14       1:56:22       1:59:31  
     2:02:40       2:05:54       2:09:03       2:12:13       2:15:23  
     2:18:33       2:21:41       2:24:50       2:27:58       2:31:08  
     2:34:16       2:37:26       2:40:34       2:43:44       2:46:52  
     2:50:01       2:53:09       2:56:18       2:59:26       3:02:35  
     3:05:43  
  0 ERRORS
OK