From: [email-masked] (Eric Yasukawa)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 15:27:30 MST

Mauna Loa Solar Observatory Observer's Log 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed Nov 30 17:19:33 GMT 1994
Year: 94  Doy: 334
Observer: yasukawa

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 17:19:51 GMT 1994
cold, clear, light southeast wind.  Temp=39F.

LOW-L COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 17:20:24 GMT 1994
Tape L00138 popped out of drive 0.  Loaded L00140.

Wed Nov 30 17:26:17 GMT 1994: Patrol Start

MKIII COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 17:32:12 GMT 1994
MKIII still looking at wall but started Exabyte at this time.

Wed Nov 30 18:02:58 GMT 1994: Calibration
Wed Nov 30 19:00:02 GMT 1994: Calibration

MKIII COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 19:00:10 GMT 1994
Backing up disk drive 1.

Wed Nov 30 20:02:59 GMT 1994: Calibration

MKIII COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 20:13:06 GMT 1994
Stopping MKIII to work on channel 1 alignment.

MKIII COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 20:27:08 GMT 1994
Calibrated chan 1 for baseline.

Wed Nov 30 21:00:03 GMT 1994: Calibration

MKIII COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 21:35:28 GMT 1994
Adjusted rotation and up/down on chan 1 P detector to minimize the
"s" curves in p-s signals caused by height and rotational misalignment
between the two detectors ( 
(S=straight and P=angled).
Decided to leave the mask in to get an opal trace at 0 tilt on tape
before doing correction and phasing adjustments to chan 1.

MKIII COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 21:50:48 GMT 1994
HELP!
Started correction for chan 1.  Orographic clouds starting to 
approach.

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 21:53:22 GMT 1994
RATS! orographic clouds have arrived overhead.

MKIII COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 22:00:06 GMT 1994
Correction probably OK, should repeat tomorrow.  Checked phasing, OK.
Will attempt another calibration of chan 1.

Wed Nov 30 22:02:58 GMT 1994: Calibration

WEATHER COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 22:11:27 GMT 1994
Could not complete calibration of chan 1, got socked in with orographic
clouds. 

MKIII COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 22:12:09 GMT 1994
Will have to do a correction and calibration of chan 1 tomorrow.

Wed Nov 30 22:14:00 GMT 1994: Patrol End

COMMENT: Wed Nov 30 22:15:08 GMT 1994
ACTIVITY REPORT:
QP:  50; 75; 115; 320;
No coronal activity

TAPES:
MKIII:  H00899
DPMON:  P00216
LOWL:   L00139 in unit 1, L00138 removed from unit 0, L00140 loaded.

Wed Nov 30 22:17:27 GMT 1994: Filemark
SCAN-LOG 
SCAN-LOG  17:28:08. 11/30/94 DOY 334      
    17:34:03      17:37:20      17:40:36      17:43:53      17:47:09  
    17:50:25      17:53:38      17:56:52      18:00:05      18:03:19  
    18:06:31      1810 0 CL     18:13:31      1817 15CL     18:22:27  
    18:26:09      18:29:23      18:32:44      18:35:55      18:39:07  
    18:42:18      18:45:30      18:48:42      18:51:54      18:55:06  
    18:58:18      19:01:32      19:04:50      19:08:01      19:11:14  
    19:14:26      19:17:40      19:20:53      19:24:06      19:27:20  
    19:30:34      19:33:46      19:36:59      19:40:11      19:43:24  
    19:46:36      19:49:49      19:52:59      19:56:11      19:59:21  
    20:02:33      20:05:44      20:08:56      20:12:06      2016 0 CL 
    20:19:02      2023 15CL     21:38:54      21:42:06      22:00:46  
    2207 0 CL 
  0 ERRORS
OK