From: [email-masked] (Eric Yasukawa)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 15:42:09 MST

Mauna Loa Solar Observatory Observer's Log 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thu Dec  1 17:15:56 GMT 1994
Year: 94  Doy: 335
Observer: yasukawa

WEATHER COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 17:16:15 GMT 1994
Cold, clear, light south breeze.  Frost on ground, high cloudbank to
east.  Temp=39F.

Thu Dec 1 17:25:02 GMT 1994: Patrol Start

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 17:25:12 GMT 1994
MKIII chan 1 was not corrected satisfactorily or calibrated yesterday
after alignment adjustment due to rapid onset of orographic clouds.
Will wait until sun rises above the rapid extinction gradient and
then correct and calibrate channel 1.

DPMON COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 17:28:27 GMT 1994
Brushed front surface of PMON O1.

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 17:30:02 GMT 1994
Cleaned Exabyte head.

LOW-L COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 17:30:18 GMT 1994
Cleaned Exabyte drive 0 head.

Thu Dec 1 18:01:56 GMT 1994: Calibration

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 18:14:07 GMT 1994
Stopping obs to run CORRECT on chan 1.

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 18:22:09 GMT 1994
CORRECT on chan 1 pau.  Will CALIBRATE chan 1 next.

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 18:39:42 GMT 1994
Calibration values are lower after alignment.  I will run it that way
for a while and then increase lind driver gain from 2, where it
was reduced to last February, back to 4.

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 18:44:31 GMT 1994
Calibrating channel 0.

Thu Dec 1 19:02:02 GMT 1994: Calibration

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 19:35:05 GMT 1994
Switched chan 1 line driver gain from 2 to 4.  LEDs on DCSB panel
did not light up so will leave in 4 position for now.

Thu Dec 1 20:01:57 GMT 1994: Calibration
Thu Dec 1 21:02:02 GMT 1994: Calibration

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 21:38:20 GMT 1994
stopping to test effects of compensation plates.

Thu Dec 1 22:01:55 GMT 1994: Calibration

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 22:03:31 GMT 1994
best p-s trace with compeensator tilt at 25 and rotation at 90.
running a correct.

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 22:19:07 GMT 1994
Ran CORRECT and trying a few scans with compensator plates adjusted.

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 22:23:48 GMT 1994
Set PGA gain in chan 1 from 9 to 8, LEDs were lighting.
Streamers on display not showing at this gain level.  Same as
before when LD gain was at 2.

MKIII COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 22:29:19 GMT 1994
Leaving compensator and PGA in last state until I can continue
tests.

Thu Dec 1 22:31:02 GMT 1994: Patrol End

COMMENT: Thu Dec  1 22:31:46 GMT 1994
Activity report:
QP:  58-63; 70; 115;
No coronal activity

TAPES:  MKIII:  H00900
	DPMON:  P00217
	LOWL:   L00139 in unit 1
H00900 to be sent directly to Boulder along with test video
for alignment evaluation.

Thu Dec 1 22:34:52 GMT 1994: Filemark
SCAN-LOG 
SCAN-LOG  17:29:24.  12/1/94 DOY 335      
    17:34:43      17:37:56      17:41:11      17:44:24      17:47:38  
    17:50:50      17:54:04      17:57:15      18:00:27      18:03:38  
    18:06:51      18:10:03      18:23:17      1827 0 CL     18:30:13  
    1834 15CL     18:39:07      1843 0 CL     18:46:06      1850 15CL 
    18:56:00      18:59:34      19:02:46      19:06:03      19:09:14  
    19:12:30      19:15:41      19:18:54      19:22:05      19:25:22  
    19:28:32      19:31:45      19:34:55      19:38:08      19:41:19  
    19:44:31      19:47:42      19:50:55      19:54:07      19:57:19  
    20:00:32      20:03:44      20:06:55      20:10:07      20:13:18  
    20:16:29      20:19:40      20:22:52      20:26:03      20:29:14  
    20:32:24      20:35:35      20:38:45      20:41:57      20:45:07  
    20:48:18      20:51:28      20:54:40      20:57:50      21:01:03  
    21:04:14      21:07:25      21:10:35      21:13:46      21:16:56  
    21:20:06      21:23:16      21:26:27      21:29:37      21:32:48  
    21:35:58      22:20:13      22:23:23      22:26:35  
  0 ERRORS
OK